If you want to opt out of pension saving please complete the opt out form at the bottom of this page and return it to your employer, but before you do here are 10 great reasons to remain a member of the scheme...
- Your employer shares the cost – your employer will contribute around twice as much as you do to the Scheme. You do not benefit from that money without participating in the scheme.
- Life cover of three years pay – from the second you join. And unlike other forms of life insurance, there’s no medical.
- You get tax relief on all your contributions – even on extra payments you make to top up your benefits.
- All members can take a tax free lump sum as part of their benefits package.
- No hidden fees or charges – you simply contribute a percentage of your pay.
- No investment risk – you get a guaranteed package of benefits which are backed by law.
- Protection for you – in case you have to draw your benefits early through ill health.
- Protection for your loved ones – in the form of pensions for dependents if you die.
- Once you are in receipt of your pension it will go up in line with inflation, protecting you from rising prices.
- We all have a responsibility to provide for our own retirement.
Please be aware that if you opt out and have benefits in the 1992 Fire Pension Scheme you will only be able to access these at age 60.