1. Your employer shares the cost – your employer will contribute around twice as much as you do to the Scheme. You do not benefit from that money without participating in the scheme.
2. Life cover of three years pay – from the second you join. And unlike other forms of life insurance, there’s no medical.
3. You get tax relief on all your contributions – even on extra payments you make to top up your benefits.
4. All members can take a tax free lump sum as part of their benefits package.
5. No hidden fees or charges – you simply contribute a percentage of your pay.
6. No investment risk – you get a guaranteed package of benefits which are backed by law.
7. Protection for you – in case you have to draw your benefits early through ill health.
8. Protection for your loved ones – in the form of pensions for dependants if you die.
9. Once you are in receipt of your pension it will go up in line with inflation, protecting you from rising prices.
10. We all have a responsibility to provide for our own retirement.